Developed by Stanford students Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown in 2011, Snapchat allows users to send photos or videos to friends and family. This includes sending short messages and setting a timer on how long the receiver can see the messages before they vanish.
Besides, it also offers many attractive features, including stylish dog ears, an exquisite flower crown, puppy nose and tongue, cute eye changes, complete facial changes, and so on.
However, Snapchat is not good for everyone. Some of you may want to leave it.
Why you should delete your Snapchat account permanently?
In most cases, people leave one service by simply remove its app from their devices. But it is essential to delete your account permanently before you go. Because all of your information left on the social media platform can be exploited by hackers to violate your privacy, which is risky.
And it won’t take you a long time to delete your Snapchat account because it is easy to do so. Stay with us to get the comprehensive guide.
If you switch to an alternative to Snapchat or use other types of social media platforms, it is always advised that you avoid exposing your birthdate, phone number, address and more personal details.
To add an extra layer of security to yourself, you’d better use a virtual private network to hide your IP address and encrypt your traffic data. Using a VPN is also helpful in other aspects because it unblocks websites, stops online tracking, and so on.
But you should choose a reputable VPN service. To ensure your security and privacy, we strongly recommend you setup RitaVPN on your device while you using various social media platforms. It is the best VPN that protects you from hackers, snoopers, terrorists, etc.
How to delete your Snapchat account?
As we said before, deleting Snapchat account is very easy and can be finished in just a few steps. But the downside is that you can only delete your Snapchat account by proceeding to its Accounts Portal. That is to say, there is no delete button inside the Snapchat app for you to delete your Snapchat account permanently.
Follow our instructions below to delete your Snapchat account.
- Go to Snapchat’s Accounts Portal.
- Head to Snapchat.com.
- Scroll down to the “Community” section at the bottom of the page.
- Tap “Support”.
- You will see a list of options at the left side of the page.
- Choose “My Account ＆ Security”.
- Tap “Account information”.
- Tap “Delete my account”.
- Then, it will guide you to delete my account page.
- Tap “accounts portal” to open the Accounts Portal page.
- Open the Snapchat app on Android or iOS.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password to log in.
- Click your avatar at the top-left corner.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right corner to open the settings.
- Tap “Help Centre”.
- Open My Account ＆ Security->Account information->Delete my Account.
- On the delete my account page, click “accounts portal”.
Or go to https://support.snapchat.com/delete-account directly.
- Type in the username and password of your Snapchat account.
- Tap “LOG IN”.
- Select “DELETE MY ACCOUNT”.
- If you have made your mind to leave Snapchat, type in the username and password of your Snapchat account again to continue.
- Tap “DELETE ACCOUNT”.
- Now, your Snapchat account is deactivated and will be deleted permanently in 30 days.
What happens if you delete your Snapchat account?
Let’s have a look at what will happen according to Snapchat.
“After you take the steps to delete your account, it will first be deactivated for 30 days. While your account is deactivated, your friends will not be able to contact or interact with you on Snapchat. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted. This means that your account, account settings, friends, Snaps, Chats, Story, device data, and location data in our main user database will be deleted.”
You can’t make your Snapchat account deleted immediately. Snapchat offers you a chance to reactivate your account. If you want to get your Snapchat account back after deactivating it, you only need to reinstall Snapchat on your device and log into your account. When the pop-up window asks you whether you want to reactivate your account, choosing yes will get you back to Snapchat.
That’s all about how to permanently delete your Snapchat account. And you may also want to delete other social media accounts for some reason. We have instructions for deleting other social media accounts permanently, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram, etc.