Many have heard of the term Virtual Private Network (VPN), but it takes more than that to know what this means. A VPN is an encrypted tool configured to serve you in needed times. Whenever? Wherever? You may need your privacy. A VPN keeps your anonymity for as long as you request.
Apart from the protection it offers, the tool also allows smooth access to web content that may have been blocked from your national level service. The VPN tool may seem simple; however, it does a great job that even you can’t do. Concerning its vitality, the next question is – Do I need one of these tools? Yes, you need one. Matter of fact, you need a reliable one, especially for those living in the UK.
Why you need a VPN in the UK?
The UK is known for its disciplinary measures towards the internet. In most cases, employers restrict services like Facebook, Twitter, and all that. Some ISPs are instructed by the government to put a restriction on most content, so you see why you will need one.
A VPN is a privacy tool that does it work splendidly. When in place, it sits in between your ISP and the internet, acting as a proxy. You can then stream, view, or access any web content of your choice. In the meantime, let’s look at some of the reasons why you need a VPN in the UK.
- A VPN disagrees with your ISP to gain entry into its server. When browsing online with a VPN, your ISP knows nothing about your browsing history, transaction, and online activities at that period. Nevertheless, your ISP becomes barricaded; as a result, it can’t impact your browsing on the government’s behalf.
- You can stream most US platforms like Hulu, Netflix, and a lot more free content with a VPN. Ensure to obtain a relevant tool and subscription to avoid being disappointed.
- The UK government, with its internet rules, doesn’t know the online activities you do. If it does, it’s either your ISP acted as a whistleblower. However, it’s the other way round with a VPN, as your ISP knows nothing.
- Bypassing restrictions and all forms of censorship on websites is very common with a VPN. In the UK, you’ll experience a lot of this. A good to do is getting prepared ahead of all these. How can you do that? By getting a reliable protection tool.
- Hackers use a dodgy public network to collect sensitive information. Beware of them when using a public WiFi. Use an encrypted tool to optimize your security. The dangers of a VPN are as much as its benefits.
- Not only does your ISP get restricted from seeing your real IP address, so is it in the case of other torrent networks. A VPN blocks torrent networks and copyright holders from monitoring your downloads.
Users who find the installation process of a VPN complicated can check the setup guide on this website. Meanwhile, what are the types of content blockage in the UK?
Content Blockage in the UK
As said earlier, the UK government might seem strict with their disciplinary measures. They do not hesitate to barricade the internet on the content they feel might be a menace. ISP are instructed to restrict users from pirate download and stream sites. As a result, it leaves users without less frustration.
When the government detects inappropriate content, ISPs blocks them in no time; that’s how it’s done. Recently, most people are voicing out that the government is overusing the restrictions by placing a ban on pornography and other materials. Some ISPs, in partnership with the government, are listed as follows:
- BT Group
- Talk Talk
- Sky Broadband
With a VPN, none of these becomes your concern. You can probably access whatever you want to without the government’s idea and restrictions.
Avoiding UK combat surveillance
The UK is among the top surveillance countries. Its intelligent government agency is called the GCHQ, and they are continually snooping on everybody.
Additionally, the government utilizes the Investigatory Power Act 2016 to get everyone’s browsing history. In the UK, surveillance is pretty prioritized. One way to live a life, not about any monitoring, is with a VPN.
If you prioritize and cherish your privacy or that of your loved ones, then you should use a VPN in the UK. The avoidance of this handy tool brings about more headaches to your settings. If you don’t use a VPN, your ISP collects the following information and keeps it for 12 months:
- Personal credentials
- IP address
- A log of every visited website and the time of visitation
Surveillance in the UK is widespread. If you live there or plan on going there, you should use a VPN. You sure wouldn’t want to experience the wrath behind its absence.
You may also like:
Is RitaVPN available for mobile devices as well?
Yes, it is, there are no two ways about it. There are lots of VPNs in support of all devices and platforms. Among the best is RitaVPN – a protection tool for your privacy. It offers its services at high speed. The interface looks lovely and easy to use on your Android and iOS devices. The setup process is swift; the assigned server takes you through any blocked content on the internet. RitaVPN optimizes your security as well as your online privacy. What else could you need?
Opt for RitaVPN today and protect yourself from being tracked while in the United Kingdom.