Spotify is a favorite to over 248 million active users, with 113 million subscribers. It is one of the best music streaming platforms and podcasts where you can listen to more than 50 million tracks.
Spotify was first launched in Sweden in 2008; subsequently, it grew its presence to more than 78 countries with some fantastic features, which include offline listening, recommendations, high audio quality, ad-free music streaming, personalized radio stations, etc.
However, if you’re traveling outside of the region where Spotify music is available, or you live in a country where Spotify is not yet available, you can have a taste of Spotify’s impressive music collection by using premium VPN services one of which is RitaVPN.
Although Spotify is available in free and premium services, users get more out of the premium services, which include ad-free experience, offline listening, etc.
For music lovers and audiophiles shopping for fantastic Spotify alternatives, there are great alternatives that offer you a similar Spotify experience with excellent music content tailored to suit your music needs.
5 Best Spotify Alternatives
1. Pandora Radio
Pandora is one of the largest music streaming platforms in the US, with over 70 million users. It offers you an excellent music experience with its Music and Podcast Genome projects.
It integrates with more than 2000 devices and is available on mobile platforms for on-the-go listening experience and also on the web platform.
Pandora is available in four versions:
- Free Pandora, which allows you to stream music for free and also lets you create a personalized radio station based on your favorite artists, songs, or genres, but with constant ad-interruptions.
- Pandora Plus offers you an ad-free music streaming experience and longer timeouts. For $4.99 per month or $54.89 per year, you get to enjoy four radio stations offline, replay tracks and enjoy premium audio quality.
- Pandora Premium offers you all of the features of Pandora Plus in addition to playing songs on demand. You can also create a personalized playlist, listen to more radio stations offline, and enjoy higher audio quality with longer timeouts for $9.99 per month or $109.89 per year.
- Pandora Premium Family allows you to connect six accounts to a single subscription and enjoy all the benefits of Pandora Premium for you, your family, and friends for $14.99 per month or $164.89 per year.
Deezer is a French-based music streaming platform established in August 2007 in Paris. Presently available in 180 countries. Currently, Deezer has over 56 million songs, 30,000 radio channels, and 14 million active subscribers on its platform.
As a listener, you can enjoy Deezer on Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Windows, BB, and Mac devices online or offline.
- Deezer Free offers you amazing music collections from 56 million songs and shuffles play with frequent ad-interruption. However, it is only available on mobile platforms.
- Deezer Premium: for $9.99 per month with three months trial period, you get to enjoy ad-free music streaming experience, unlimited skips, and offline listening on all device types.
- Deezer Family: for $14.99 per month, you get to enjoy all of Deezer’s premium features with six profiles.
3. Apple Music
Apple Music is a music and video streaming platform launched by Apple in June 2015. The service offers you live services from its ‘Beats 1’ radio station, which broadcasts to more than a hundred countries in the world.
Apple Music has more than 60 million song collections from millions of artists. You also get to enjoy exclusive song releases, songs to suit your mood, Integration with Siri on iOS platform, and offline listening on major platforms like iOS, Windows, Android, and Mac.
- Student plan which costs $4.99 per month
- Individual plan which costs $9.99 per month
- Family plan which costs $14.99 per month
The student plan offers its subscribers all of Apple Music basic features which include a 100,000 song downloads, ad-free and offline streaming, three months trial period, etc.
4. YouTube Music
YouTube Music is a music streaming platform founded by Google in November 2015. Present in 77 countries, YouTube Music offers you high-quality music streaming from famous artists.
Its free version offers listeners unlimited access to its vast music collections (over 30 million songs) but with limited features that do not include offline listening, background plays, music download, and an ad-free music streaming experience.
- YouTube free
- Basic Plan prized at $11.99 per month
- Family plan prized at $14.99 per month.
Both the Basic and Family plans offer you access to:
- Exclusive videos, which include live recordings, artist interviews, music videos, etc.
- Customized playlists tailored to your mood and playlist from other users
- Offline play and downloads, etc.
5. Jango Radio
Jango is a worldwide free music streaming platform launched in November 2007 in New York, USA. Presently, Jango has more than 8 million active listeners, with over 30 million song collections.
Jango serves you its playlist based on your mood. However, you can enjoy excellent playlists for several activities, which include workouts sessions, sleeping, relaxing, waking up, etc. You can also find recommended playlists based on era, interests, themes, etc. and create a personalized playlist with up to six artists.
A surprising fact about Jango is that it was the first to introduce social networking where listeners can share their playlists with other listeners on the music streaming platform.
No doubt, you can enjoy excellent music streaming services from several other music streaming platforms. But like Spotify, you might need a premium VPN service like RitaVPN to enjoy music streaming from Pandora or other music streaming services not available in your country or where you’re traveling to.
Visit www.ritavpn.com to subscribe to RitaVPN and enjoy amazing discounts on your subscription.