- Why do you need a VPN in Gabon?
- What is the best VPN for Gabon?
- How to setup RitaVPN for use in Gabon?
RitaVPN is the best VPN for Gabon because it allows you to by-pass internet censorship by the government and also prevents the government or other third-parties from intercepting data-traffic from your devices.
Gabon was a relatively peaceful country with a high degree of internet freedom until August 31st when the country’s electoral body declared the Incumbent President Ali Bongo as the winner of the just concluded presidential election.
Gabon experienced a 104-hour internet blackout after Jean Ping of the opposition party challenged the result and demanded a recount. Thus began Gabon’s internet travails.
Why do you need a VPN in Gabon?
Whether you’re traveling to Gabon, or you reside in Gabon, you need a VPN for the following reasons.
1. To access censored Websites and blocked social media networks
In the day time, Gabon’s government lifts the internet curfew to allow day-to-day businesses while blocking out social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and many others.
Restricting social media access is possible because all of Gabon’s IP addresses are channeled through Gabon’s sole Telecommunication provider, Gabon Telecom. Hence, Gabon Telecom can block or censor several social media platforms while providing internet access.
When you connect to a VPN, you can access all blocked websites and social media platforms because the VPN routes your data traffic through its server located outside of Gabon to connect to the social media server or any of the restricted website’s server. Therefore, with a VPN connection, your data-traffic by-passes Gabon Telecom’s censorship and restrictions to access your choice social media network.
2. To secure your data traffic from government and hackers
Aside from blocking out some websites and social media networks, the government also intercepts and analyzes data traffic for possible threats, hence violating people’s right to internet privacy. The good news is that with a good VPN connection, you can protect your data traffic from government interception and hacking activities.
A good VPN encrypts your data traffic using the military-grade AES-256 bit encryption protocol, which makes it impossible for the government or hackers to intercept and decode your data traffic. Hence, whether you’re connecting to a public WiFi network, or from the comfort of your house, a good VPN secures your data from third-party interference.
3. To protect your privacy
In a country like Gabon, your internet privacy is not guaranteed. All internet users access the internet under the government’s watchful eyes. Therefore, you need a good VPN to protect your online privacy from the government’s watchful eyes.
A Good VPN protects your privacy and make you anonymous online by hiding your IP address and location.
When you connect to the internet through a VPN server outside of Gabon, (example, connecting to a VPN server in Miami), the VPN server in Miami assigns your device a Miami-based IP address and also replaces your location with its Miami-based server location. Hence, the VPN server shields your IP address and location to make you an anonymous internet user with an untraceable IP address and an unknown location.
4. To enjoy fantastic contents from Geo-restricted streaming services
Are you wondering how you’re going to survive in Gabon without your favorite Netflix US TV show?
In addition to protecting your data, granting you access to blocked social media networks, and connecting to the net as an anonymous user, you can also enjoy your favorite shows and music from Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc.
A good VPN like RitaVPN has dedicated streaming servers that allow you by-pass geo-restrictions and access great content from your favorite Netflix Channels or listen to music from Pandora or Spotify, which are geo-restricted within the US by US laws.
You can also stream excellent content from torrenting websites by connecting to any of RitaVPN’s dedicated torrenting servers.
What is the best VPN for Gabon?
There are tons of free and paid VPN services, promising you fabulous features and benefits. However, not all VPN service providers can deliver their promise of amazing features and benefits.
But RitaVPN stands out as an exception with premium features that offers you all of the benefits I have listed above and a lot more.
RitaVPN’s premium features
- Military-grade AES-256 bit encryption technology
- Dedicated servers spread around the world
- DNS leak protection
- Fast connection speed, 6x faster than the average connection speed
- Unlimited bandwidth connection
- Supports up to four devices
- Zero traffic logs
- Premium ad-blocker feature
- 24/7 technical support
- Automatic kill switch
- Affordable subscription plans
- 7-day money-back guarantee
A note of warning: you should stay away from free VPNs for the following reasons:
- Free VPN offers you a limited bandwidth not enough to keep you protected online or stream contents from Netflix or other streaming service provider
- They serve you with annoying ads, some of which can be the gateway to malware infections
- Free VPNs harvest your data and sell to interested buyers for adverts or other sinister purposes.
- Free VPN services do not offer you premium features and benefits
How to setup RitaVPN for use in Gabon?
Follow the steps I have outlined below to set up and use RitaVPN in Gabon
- Visit RitaVPN’s official website
- Sign up for a RitaVPN account
- Subscribe to any of RitaVPN’s plans
- Download the RitaVPN app for your device(s)
- Log in to your RitaVPN account
- Select any of RitaVPN’s servers and click or tap on the connect button to start enjoying RitaVPN protection
- 1 Year Plan: $64.99 per year. The best plan for an extended stay in Gabon
- 3 Months Plan: $16.99 for three months. The best plan for tourists in Gabon
- 1 Month Plan: $6.99 per month